The ITGS course although very much based around a sound technological knowledge -is ran as a project based course in which students through a wide variety of projects learn how technology is affecting everyones life in todays world and is then able to discuss in depth the social and ethical issues associated with this.
Projects ran over the last year have included :-
- Artificial Intelligence : Web 2.0 recorded presentations.
- Digital Natives – Digital Immigrants : Does this work discussion and assignment?
- RFID tags – Social and Ethical Issues.
- Technology and Our Parents: Interviews and Presentation.
- Web 2.0 Applications : Fiction or Reality Application Explanation.
- Are we in a Computer Simulation? : What do you think, post and discussion.
- Simulations : Technical Authoring Tutorials.
- Network Tour – Weblog post, looking at Network issues within a School.
- Wiki and Eghs – Paper 3, ITG S Case Study and Research.